Dear ACES family and friends,
The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences has been my academic home for more than 30 years. I am honored to lead our community of changemakers. Together, we are transforming our world for the better by:
- Nurturing ecosystems and communities
- Creating more sustainable food systems
- Making education more accessible and inclusive
- Pioneering research and spurring economic development
My philosophy is people first. As we shape our future, I look forward to engaging with each of you to deliver on our land-grant mission. This is such an exciting time for the College of ACES, and I can’t wait to see what we can do together.
Dean, Robert A. Easter Chair
Germán Bollero is the Dean and Robert A. Easter Chair of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. He brings more than a decade of administrative leadership to the role, having served as associate dean for research and head of the Department of Crop Sciences. More importantly, he has been a member of the ACES family for nearly 30 years.
Bollero is a native of Rosario, Argentina. After receiving a bachelor’s degree in agronomy from the National University of Rosario, Argentina, he came to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign to continue his education. He earned his master’s degree and Ph.D. from the Department of Agronomy (now crop sciences), and continued on as a postdoctoral research associate and senior research specialist in agriculture. In 1998, he joined the crop sciences faculty as assistant professor of biometry and cropping systems. Bollero then led the department as head from 2009 to 2018. In 2018, he became associate dean for research and director of the Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, investing in convergent research collaborations across the college and campus. He served as interim dean from September 2021 until he was named dean in April 2023. He is the is the 15th dean of the college and the second to hold the Robert A. Easter Chair.
Bollero is internationally recognized for his scholarship in biometry and cropping systems. His teaching, service, and research contributions have placed him among an elite handful of truly outstanding faculty members. He has been included on the List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by their students dozens of times. Among other recognitions, he has received several College of ACES awards, was selected as a member of the ACES Academy of Teaching Excellence, and was in the first class of the ACES Global Connect program. Bollero is a Fellow of the Crop Science Society of America and the Agronomy Society of America.
College of ACES Deans
- Germán Bollero (2021 - Present)
- Kimberlee K. Kidwell (2016- 2021)
- Robert J. Hauser (2009-2016)
- Robert A. Easter (2001 -2009)
- David L. Chicoine (1995 -2001)
- W. Reginald Gomes (1988 -1995)
- John R. Campbell (1983 -1988)
- Orville G. Bentley (1965 -1982)
- Louis B. Howard (1954 -1965)
- Robert R. Hudelson (1952 -1954)
- Henry P. Rusk (1939 -1952)
- Joseph C. Blair (1938 -1939)
- Herbert W. Mumford (1922 -1938)
- Eugene Davenport (1895 -1922)
- George E. Morrow (1878 -1894)